Visas For Victims Of Crime And Abuse

Living through the nightmare of domestic abuse or being the victim of some other type of crime is made all that much worse when immigration status is part of the set of issues confronting the victims. For many people, their immigration status hinges on a relative who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. This creates a power imbalance that abusers can take advantage of.

There are two different forms of immigration relief available to victims of crime and domestic abuse.

U Visas Help Victims Of Crime

For the victims of various crimes where the victims suffer serious mental and physical abuse, U visas offer the possibility of being able to secure a nonimmigrant visa so that they can escape the dangers of their current situation. U visas may be applied for outside of the U.S. and can include the ability to work.

VAWA Visas Help Victims Of Domestic Abuse

For undocumented spouses, children and parents who have been abused by their spouse, parent or child, VAWA visas offer the possibility of securing immigration relief without the help of the relative who abused them. You can secure a VAWA visa independently of your abusive relative. It can include the ability to work in the U.S.

Helping People Escape Violence

At Ahmad Law Office, PLLC, we understand the terrible situations people can find themselves in when their immigration status is not secure. We are focused on helping people take advantage of all the protections the immigration system offers them when they are the victims of abuse or criminal activity. No one should have to live in fear. We can help you. Lawyer Wael M. Ahmad has been helping people secure the protections of the immigration system since 2000. He founded our firm in 2003 and he and the rest of our team of highly skilled attorneys are here to help.

VAWA Attorneys Serving Lexington And Throughout Kentucky

For representation who understands the immigration protections that are available to the victims of abuse, turn to Ahmad Law Office, PLLC. To schedule an initial consultation, call 859-554-1463 or contact us online.